United with Israel

IDF Strikes Cafe with Where Hamas Nukhba Commanders Held Meeting

Gaza strike

Smoke rises following an IDF strike targeting Hamas Nukhba commanders in the Shati area of northern Gaza, Aug. 18, 2026. (social media)

The IDF said precautions were taken before the strike to reduce the risk of harm to civilians.

By United with Israel Staff

The IDF carried out an airstrike against a gathering of senior Hamas terrorists in a northern Gaza cafe on Tuesday, targeting Nukhba commanders who were allegedly planning attacks against Israeli forces.

The strike targeted Hamas terrorists meeting in the Shati area of northern Gaza, the military said.

According to the IDF, those targeted included a company commander, three platoon commanders and several additional terrorists. At least one of the terrorists participated in the October 7 massacre and invaded Israeli territory that day.

The military said the Hamas commanders had been advancing plans to attack IDF troops currently operating inside the Gaza Strip and were targeted from the air to eliminate the threat.

Palestinian reports said six people were killed and several others wounded in the strike. Israeli reports noted that the number of terrorists targeted was relatively large compared with other recent operations in Gaza.

The IDF said precautions were taken before the strike to reduce the risk of harm to civilians and that further information on its results would be released later.

Tuesday’s operation comes amid discussions between Israel and the Trump administration over the next phase of the U.S.-backed Gaza framework and the future of Israeli military operations in the Strip.

President Donald Trump said Monday that Israel “should not be striking in Gaza,” expressing confidence that Hamas was moving toward surrendering its weapons.

“Ultimately, they are giving up their guns,” Trump told Fox News.

His comments came as Jared Kushner and other members of Trump’s Board of Peace held lengthy talks with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Israel following Kushner’s discussions with Hamas representatives in Egypt.

During the approximately four-hour meeting, Netanyahu insisted that Israel retain its freedom to act against threats in Gaza, including terrorists who participated in the October 7 massacre.

The Prime Minister’s Office subsequently announced that Israel and the Board of Peace had agreed to establish a working group tasked with Hamas’s disarmament and the demilitarization of Gaza. The process is to be completed before reconstruction of the Strip begins.

Israeli officials have stressed that despite the diplomatic process, the IDF will continue acting against immediate threats to its troops and Israeli civilians.

Tuesday’s strike underscored that policy, coming just a day after Trump publicly urged Israel to halt attacks and as Washington seeks to move the Hamas disarmament process forward.

Do You Love Israel? Make a Donation - Show Your Support!

Donate to vital charities that help protect Israeli citizens and inspire millions around the world to support Israel too!

Now more than ever, Israel needs your help to fight and win the war -- including on the battlefield of public opinion.

Antisemitism, anti-Israel bias and boycotts are out of control. Israel's enemies are inciting terror and violence against innocent Israelis and Jews around the world. Help us fight back!

STAND WTH ISRAEL - MAKE A DONATION TODAY!

Exit mobile version