(AP/Adel Hana)
Yahye Sinwar

An Arab source also said Hamas’s military capabilities are dwindling.

By Shula Rosen

An anonymous source from an Arab country reported that Hamas leader and mastermind behind the October 7th massacre Yahya Sinwar has severe pneumonia and his health is deteriorating, according to N12.

The source said they wanted to contact Sinwar about a prospective ceasefire but Hamas officials said Sinwar was gravely ill.

They also said Hamas’s military capabilities are dwindling.

This report follows widespread speculation regarding Sinwar’s whereabouts with a Saudi news agency Elaph reporting on Tuesday that the Hamas leader might have escaped Gaza to Egypt through the tunnels bringing along hostages as human shields.

However Kan news reported that Sinwar communicated with Hamas officials abroad later in the day.

Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant reported earlier in the week that according to intelligence Hamas was looking for a replacement for Sinwar.

In addition, the IDF is reportedly searching for Sinwar in Gaza.

Last week footage was released of Yahya Sinwar walking in a tunnel along with several Israeli hostages.

Concerning the footage, the IDF said that Sinwar and the others seemed to have left the tunnel shortly before the IDF arrived which supports the theory that he may still be in Gaza.

It was reported that Sinwar fled northern Gaza in the first days of the war on a humanitarian convoy headed south to Khan Younis, according to an anonymous official familiar with the matter, as reported by Kan.

Several hostages released in November reported seeing and talking to the Hamas leader shortly after October 7th.

Speaking to Channel 12 news Adina Moshe said that she saw Yahya Sinwar coming out to greet them. He waved and asked “How are you?”

“He was so happy,” she said, indicating he was pleased about the October 7th atrocities.

Yocheved Lifshitz, 85 who was kidnapped from her home in Nir Oz recalled seeing Sinwar when he visited the tunnel where they were confined shortly after October 7th.

She told Davar, “Sinwar was with us three to four days after we arrived.”

“I asked him how he is not ashamed to do such a thing to people who all these years have supported peace,” Liftshitz added.

“He didn’t answer. He was silent,” she said.