Kim Levengrond Yehezkel's husband Guy (R) with family and friends at her funeral. (Yonatan Sindel/Flash90) (Yonatan Sindel/Flash90)
Kim Levengrond Yehezkel

Cyprus’ ambassador to Israel was one of a number of diplomats who condemned the attack, calling it “a deplorable act of horrific extremism and violence.”

By: Max Gelber, United with Israel

Diplomats and ambassadors around the world issued harsh condemnations of the terror attack in the Barkan Industrial Zone in Samaria on Sunday, in which two Israelis, Kim Levengrond-Yehezkel, 28, and Ziv Hajbi, 35 were murdered, and a third was seriously wounded.

Home to some 160 factories employing 10,000 workers, 7,000 of whom are Palestinians, the Barkan Industrial Park has been relatively untouched by terrorism.

US Ambassador to Israel David Friedman stated that the Barkan Industrial Zone has “been a model of Israeli–Palestinian coexistence since 1982, with thousands working and prospering together. Today a terrorist shattered that harmony by brutally murdering two Israelis at work.”

“Our deepest condolences to the families of the victims,” he added.

Emanuele Giaufret, European Union Ambassador to Israel, conveyed his condolences to the families of the victims.

“May the perpetrator be brought to justice. Violence can never be condoned,” he stated.

Thessalia Shambos, Ambassador of the Republic of Cyprus to Israel, stated she was “deeply saddened by the vicious terror attack Barkan that took the lives of two Israelis, including the mom of a baby.”

She condemned the attack as “a deplorable act of horrific extremism and violence – absolutely condemnable.”

She conveyed her “sincerest of condolences to the families of the innocent victims – they are in our thoughts.”

Italy’s embassy in Israel stated that its officials were “shocked by today’s terrorist attack against innocent people in Barkan.”

“Our thoughts are with the families of the victims and our prayers with the injured. No justification for such brutal aggression,” it said.

‘Reprehensible’ Attack ‘Should Be Universally Condemned’

Hélène Le Gal, the French Ambassador in Israel issued a statement of “total condemnation of the terrorist attack of Barkan. My thoughts are with the families of the victims.”

Deborah Lyons, Ambassador of Canada to Israel, stated that her country “condemns the attack and murder of two citizens of Israel.”

“Our hearts go out to their families and to the injured. May their memories be a blessing. Terror and violence can never be justified,” she underscored.

Jason Greenblatt Assistant to President Donald Trump and Special Representative for International Negotiations stated that “the Barkan industrial center is a beacon for coexistence and a model for the future. Today’s terror attack is reprehensible and should be universally condemned.”

“Join me in praying for the wounded and sending comfort to the families of the victims,” he added.

US Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) condemned the attack, saying the Palestinian “incitement and atrocities must end.”

“Last month a Palestinian terrorist murdered Ari Fuld, an American-Israeli. Palestinian leaders said the terrorist became eligible for salaries and benefits, a reward and incentive. Today a terrorist murdered two Israelis—the incitement and atrocities must end,” tweeted Cruz.

Speaking at the beginning of the weekly Cabinet meeting, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that the incident was “a very severe terrorist attack in which two Israelis were brutally murdered.”

“On behalf of myself and all government ministers I would like to send condolences to the families of the two people who were murdered and our hopes and prayers for a swift recovery for the woman who was wounded,” he added.

“The security forces are in pursuit of the reprehensible murderer. I am certain that they will apprehend him and I am also certain that we will deal with him to the fullest extent of the law and quickly,” he said.

The Palestinians have remained silent on the attack.