How on earth does a person raised in the Jewish faith grovel before Roger Waters, one of the most vociferous and inflammatory anti-Semites around?
Big headlines last week said that Roger Waters turned down Mark Zuckerberg’s request to use “Another Brick in the Wall” in an Instagram ad campaign.
Firstly, one has to question Zuckerberg’s judgment in thinking that Instagram users are going to be swayed by 40-year-old music sung by senior citizens they’ve never heard of.
But more importantly, how on earth does a person raised in the Jewish faith grovel before Roger Waters, one of the most vociferous and inflammatory anti-Semites around? I know Zuckerberg has a very short attention span, given his inability to remember his promises to keep Facebook and Instagram open to all without censorship or bias, but does he really not recall Waters’ frequent anti-Semitic screeds. Need examples, Mark?
– Said a powerful Jewish lobby controlled the American music business and used their power to silent critics of Israel
– Complained that “many” journalists have lost their jobs because they dared to criticize Israel (guess Roger wasn’t talking about any of the writers for the New York Times or Washington Pos
– Said that Israel’s treatment of the Palestinians was very similar to the Nazi treatment of citizens in western Europe
– Produced a video that placed Stars of David next to dollar signs
– Insisted that Jews use propaganda like Goebbels
– Joined BDS and encouraged other artists to boycott Israel
– Compared Israelis to aliens
– Keeps repeating the slanders of apartheid, occupation, incarceration of children and slaughter of innocent protesters
– Called Sheldon Adelson the puppet-master of the U.S. government and said that Adelson and other Jews believed that Jews were superior to every other race/group
Now, Mark Zuckerberg may not be an observant Jew and he may not be a fan of Israeli policies (pretty safe assumption given the anti-Semitic and anti-Zionist libels he allows on his platforms), but is it too much to expect him not to cozy up to people who lie about Jews and Israel and who eagerly support the efforts to finish the job Hitler started?
If he has even one molecule of Jewishness left in him, perhaps he might consider how Jews around the world are being assaulted, how Jewish institutions and graveyards are being vandalized and how Israel continues to be judged by standards to which no other country or group of people is subjected.
You don’t want to support Israel, that is your right. But you don’t have to go out of your way to hurt the Jewish people and Israel either.
PLANT FRUIT TREES IN ISRAEL BEFORE SABBATICAL BEGINS!
TIME RUNNING OUT to make the Land even more fruitful while helping Israeli farmers offset financial losses from Covid, Hamas arson fires and the upcoming Sabbatical year.
“…the seventh year shall be a complete rest for the Land…”
“…I will ordain My blessing for you…” (Leviticus 25:4,21)