The Los Angeles Times is being called out by a media watchdog group for obscuring Palestinian responsibility for a series of recent terror attacks.
LA Times writer Joshua Mitnick’s Sept. 20 article depicts Palestinian attackers as victims rather than being responsible for terror attacks against Israelis in Jerusalem and Judea and Samaria. In particular, six Palestinians and one Jordanian were killed in recent attacks, but Mitnick’s article fails to report they perpetrated the violence.
The Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America (CAMERA) called it “a gross neglect of journalistic responsibility.”
Mitnick also notes specific attacks during the recent wave of violence including the Sept. 20 stabbing attempt in Hebron, but he never says Palestinians are responsible for the continuous attacks in the last year.
CAMERA identified various media outlets, not known for being pro-Israel, that have held to a higher journalism standard than the LA Times. The Guardian, Al Jazeera, The New York Timesand Reuters all reported that the majority of the attackers killed in the terror wave that began last year were Palestinians.
With the LA Times piece, “readers are left on their own to deduce that it is Palestinians who are responsible for the ongoing attacks of the last year, or not,” CAMERA said.
Do You Love Israel? Make a Donation to Show Your Support!
Donate to vital charities that protect Israelis and help inspire millions around the world to support Israel too!
Now more than ever, Israel needs your help to fight - and win - the battle of public opinion.
Anti-Israel bias and boycotts are out of control. Israel's enemies effectively use social media to incite brutal terror against innocent Israeli civilians. Please help us fight back!