A new Tel Aviv University and Sheba Medical Center study has demonstrated that autism spectrum disorders share a common root cause with psychiatric illnesses like schizophrenia and bipolar, the Jerusalem Post reported. Dr. Mark Weiser of Tel Aviv University’s Sackler Faculty of Medicine and the Sheba Medical Center has discovered that a family history of psychiatric diseases such as bipolar and schizophrenia is a risk factor for autism.
Join more than
United With Israel
Latest News from IsraelView all
- US Aiming to Move Embassy to Jerusalem by 2019
- 700,000 Sign UWI’s ‘Jerusalem Declaration’ Supporting Eternal, Undivided Israeli Capital
- WATCH: PA Student Leader Calls Terrorist ‘Role Model’ for Women
- Israel’s Wine Industry Grows Better With Age
- Groundbreaking Israeli Stem Cell Treatment Saves Patients’ Limbs
- Netanyahu Unveils Memorial for Israeli Mumbai Terror Victims
- WATCH: Exciting New Method Uses Art to Teach Hebrew
- Hamas: Iran is Only Country that Supports Us
- WATCH: 10 Amazing Things You Didn’t Know About the Israel-India Relationship
- ACT NOW! Join Petition Slamming US Professor for Equating Zionists with Terrorists
Calls to Action View all
- Join Petition Slamming US Professor for Equating Zionists with Terrorists
- Join the World’s Largest Holocaust Remembrance Event
- Israel Stands with the Iranian People, So Should You!
- Thank Guatemala and President Morales for Moving Embassy to Jerusalem
- Urge Countries to Vote Against UN Resolution Calling on US to Rescind Jerusalem Recognition
- Urge Countries to Support Peace by Recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s Capital
Blog Spot View all
Become a Blogger
- The Raindrops of Rockets
- Palestinians Beware, Chanukah is Here!
- Like the Maccabees, the Tiny State of Israel Wins the Day!
- A Letter to My Jewish Friends on the Left
by Larry Levine
- Can Activists for ‘Social Justice’ Call for Death to Jews in America?
by Beth Oziel
Our Projects View all
- UWI’s Chanukah Party at Anti-Terror Base Most Inspiring Yet!
- CHANUKAH PARTY with Israeli Soldiers on IDF Base in the Jerusalem Area!
- Bring Chanukah Joy and Say ‘Thank You’ to Israeli Soldiers!
- Plant Fruit Trees in Israel for the Jewish New Year
- Israel Emergency Campaign – Anti-Terror ATVs Stop Terrorists BEFORE They Attack!
Good News Spotlight View all
- ‘K’ is for Knowledge: New Israeli Medical App Gives Users Vital Information
- 13 of the biggest health breakthroughs in Israel in 2017
- Mini Motorized Wheelchairs Empower Israeli Toddlers with Disabilities
- Israeli Remote-Controlled Space Lab Docks at International Space Station
- Brain Takes a Nap When Sleep-deprived, Israeli Researchers Find
Living Torah View all
- Living Torah: No Matter What the Situation, There is Always Hope
- Living Torah: How Deeply Can a Grandparent Influence a Child?
- Living Torah: How Do We Know God Wants Us to Return to Him?
- Living Torah: Recognize Your Own Strengths and Purpose
- Living Torah: How Did Wagons Convince Jacob that Joseph Was Alive?
- Living Torah: Why is the Story of Joseph Read on Chanukah?
- Living Torah: A Unique Lesson for Shabbat Chanukah
- Trump – a Modern-Day Cyrus?
- Does the Menorah on the Arch of Titus Resemble the Original Menorah of the Holy Temple?
- The Meaning of Chanukah: It’s All About Saying ‘Thank You’