US presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders accused the IDF of killing over 10,000 innocent Palestinian civilians in Gaza during Israel’s summer 2014 war with the Hamas terror organization. While he admitted he got the numbers wrong, he still believes Israel used disproportionate force. This is false, misleading and damaging! Insist that he retract this claim!
Sanders Corrects Original Claim, but Follows Up with Another Lie
US Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders corrected an earlier statement in which he said Israel killed 10,000 civilians. Unfortunately, Sanders still insists that Israel used disproportionate force while fighting Hamas. This, too, is false and is backed up by reams of evidence to the contrary.
“Was Israel’s response disproportionate? I think it was,” Sanders told CNN‘s Jake Tapper in an interview that aired Sunday on “State of the Union.”
“Israel has a 100% – and no one will fight for that principle more strongly than I will – has the right to live in freedom, independently and in security without having to be subjected to terrorist attacks,” he said. “But I think that we will not succeed to ever bring peace into that region unless we also treat the Palestinians with dignity and respect, and that is my view.”
What you can say
- Ask Sanders to retract his claim.
- Insist that Sanders clarify that Hamas committed a double war crime by hiding behind civilians and firing at civilians.
- Insist that Sanders recognize the fact that Hamas used hospitals, schools and mosques as military facilities. By doing so, they transformed these facilities into legitimate military targets according to international law.
Help protect Israel against his false statement and insist that Sanders publicly retract it!
Help Us Get Bernie Sanders to Retract His Claim!
Contact the Sanders campaign to encourage them to publicly walk back his statement!
1. Click here to post on the Bernie Sanders campaign Facebook page.
2. Email the campaign at: info@BernieSanders.com
3. Call the campaign at: +1 855-423-7643
Please fill out the form below and let us know what you’ve done about this issue!
Do You Love Israel? Make a Donation to Show Your Support!
Donate to vital charities that protect Israelis and help inspire millions around the world to support Israel too!
Now more than ever, Israel needs your help to fight - and win - the battle of public opinion.
Anti-Israel bias and boycotts are out of control. Israel's enemies effectively use social media to incite brutal terror against innocent Israeli civilians. Please help us fight back!